The new SBB train timetable
The SBB new timetable will come into effect on December 15th.
Here are the main changes:
- The first IR 75 from Luzern to Zürich HB will leave Monday through Friday at 05.35 (instead of 05.28) and will not stop in Ebikon or Gisikon-Root anymore. Saturday and Sunday the old time stays (05.28) the same and the train will stop in Ebikon and Gisikon-Root n.
- An extra S1 will makes stops in Ebikon and Gisikon-Root Monday through Friday leaving Luzern at 05.21 Uhr.
- Extra connections on the S1 between Luzern and Rotkreuz:
Luzern from 05.21 (Monday through Friday), 06.21 (daily) und 00.21 (daily); Rotkreuz at 05.19 Uhr ( Monday through Friday).
- The S1 train (from 05.51 a.m.) Lucerne now also runs on Saturdays and Sundays.
- In addition, the quarter-hourly Rotkreuz train will be extended until 9 p.m. in the evening.
- A new early train will leave Zürich HB (at 04.33) Monday through Fridays stopping at Zürich Oerlikon (at 04.38 / ab 04.40) and Zürich Airport (at 04.45).
- Saturday and Sundays a new early train will leave from Zürich Altstetten (at 04.25)via Zürich HB (an 04.30 / ab 04.33) and Zürich Oerlikon (an 04.38 / ab 04.40) to Zürich Airport (at 04.45).
- The Gotthard Panorama Express will run Tuesday and Sundays from 19. April to 20. October. It is now a first class train only and the extra price will be CHF 16.- for second class ticket holders. More Information at sbb.ch/gotthard-panorama-express.
- With the “Léman Express” in the Geneva region, Europe’s largest cross-border suburban train link will also go into operation following the timetable change.
More information for all the timetables can be found on the SBB website