This time Dr. Brandi Eijsermans is talking about what we can do to cope with the ongoing stress of confinement and achieve positive mental health.
- Be sure to plan what your strategy for difficult mental times will be.
- It’s okay to want to have your own space within the family, and take a break.
- Leave and take a breather before situations escalate.
- Limit the amount of time you spend reading the news and on social media
- Try to spend more time offline.
- Make good use of that time doing things that make you feel good.
Here are some resources to help you.
MOOD AND HEALTHY THOUGHTS
WHATSMYM3 – 3 minute mood screener
Other apps: CATCH-IT; MOOD PATH; CBT THOUGHT RECORD DIARY, VIRTUAL HOPE BOX, OPTIMISM, MOOD CHECK, SANVELLO
WOEBOT – Chat bot skilled in mental health
YOUPER – Chat bot skilled in mental health
ACT Companion: The Happiness Trap App
More apps: T2 MOOD TRACKER, ACT COACH, LIFE SUM, DBT DIARY CARD AND SKILLS COACH
Bipolar Disorder Apps
GROUP SUPPORT –
- Turn2Me (Free but requires booking) https://www.turn2me.ie/group-supports
- Multiple Support Groups https://www.supportgroups.com/
- Peer-to-Peer Support Groups TheTribe https://support.therapytribe.com/anxiety-support-group/
- Big White Wall – Moderated Support Forum https://www.bigwhitewall.com/
- Depression and Bipolar Specific Support Groups https://www.dbsalliance.org/support/chapters-and-support-groups/online-support-groups/
People Doing Good Things – a reminder of our humanity
https://www.psychologie.ch/psychologensuche *Search for Online Therapy or Online Advice under Extended Entries
Better help: https://www.betterhelp.com/
Expat Nest: https://www.expatnest.com/
RNG International: https://rnginternational.com/
Truman Group: https://truman-group.com/
William & Associate Counselling Services: www.wacs.ca (Includes Group Therapy)
Stay safe and healthy.
(If you find this information useful, we would be really grateful if you could help us stay open by donating to the LiLi Centre - even CHF 10.- can make a difference!)