As a special treat, we have put together this Swiss advent calendar for you to make the very most of this holiday season. Enjoy!
1. From November 19: Rudolf’s Christmas at Lucerne’s Inseli-Park. Embrace the winter vibe with food, Christmas market, children’s activities, and more. Make sure to check out their program of special events. https://www.rudolfs.ch/
2. On December 4: LiLi Centre Christmas: Santa, Christmas pop-up market, cookie decorating for kids, delicious plant-based lunch, and a magical evening with Raclette and Wine. More information HERE.
3. From December 9 to 19: The 30th Arosa Humor Festival. Standup comedians entertain in the run up to Christmas: www.humorfestival.swiss
4. December 3 to 5: Enjoy biscuit baking workshops at the Kambly factory and visit their Christmas market: kambly.com
5. December 4 & 5: The Chillon castle comes to life. Take part in traditional handicraft workshops, tales and entertainment for all ages. More information HERE
6. Until December 5. With the magnificent backdrop of the Einsiedeln monastery enjoy this Christmas market and visit the world’s largest creche. www.einsiedler-weihnacht.ch
7. From December 10 to 30: discover the magic forest of Lenzerheide, light shows, music, food, and magic. : zauberwald-lenzerheide.ch
8. December 11: The Lausanne Christmas Run may be sold out but this shouldn’t stop you from putting your Santa costume/hat on and cheering the runners on! www.midnightrun.ch
9. December 18: A million stars of all over Switzerland. Join in this action to show solidarity with others. More details here: www.einemillionsterne.ch/veranstaltungen/
10. Until December 22: Winter magic for the first time in the Vögeligärtli. Candle making, activities for children, Christmas market, and more. Details HERE.
11. Until December 24: Enjoy a magical ride up to meet Father Christmas from Montreux. More HERE.
12. Until December 23: Enjoy a traditional Christmas market in Winterthur: weihnachtinwinterthur.ch
13. Until December 23: Zurich Enjoy a beautiful Christmas market filled with artisans: www.wienachtsdorf.ch
14. Until December 23: Basel Christmas Market. Enjoy Christmas atmosphere in the lovely old town of Basel: www.baslerweihnacht.ch
15. Until December 23: The singing Christmas tree in Zürich singingchristmastree.ch
16. Until December 23: Every day at 18.00 the Luzern theatre is offering an adventscalendar 30 minute performance for CHF 5.-. www.luzernertheater.ch/adventskalender
17. Until December 23: Winter Wonderland on the Lucerne Terrace https://www.kkl-luzern.ch/en/winterzauber
18. Until December 24: Zurich train station, enjoy 140 stands as well as the majestic Swaroski decorated Christmas tree. christkindlimarkt.ch
19. Until December 24: See Santa Claus on his flying sleigh and enjoy the Christmas market in Montreux. https://www.montreuxnoel.com/en-1-homepage.html
20. Until December 31: Christmas in Vevey. www.veveynoel.ch
21. Until January 2: Live on Ice Lucerne https://www.luzern.com/en/highlights/christmas-in-lucerne/live-on-ice-lucerne/
22. Until January 9: Locarno on ice, offers not only a Christmas ice rink, but loads of programmes on ice. www.locarno-on-ice.ch
23. Until end of January: Skating rink at the Mall of Switzerland https://www.mallofswitzerland.ch/events
24. Help others have a happy Christmas by giving to this charity: www.2xweihnachten.ch/en/