Coronavirus Update – Sunday October 18
The government met for an extraordinary session today after epidemiologists warned that if nothing changed the number of positive cases could reach 12 000 within a week. The cantons also asked that the country spoke with one voice concerning Covid-19 prevention policies.
Because the government wants to protect Swiss citizens but also the economy no second lockdown is recommend at this moment.
- As of tonight midnight it is mandatory for people (ages 12 and up) to wear masks in all indoor spaces open to the public, this includes train stations and airports.
- Spontaneous meetings with more than 15 people are currently forbidden.
- Companies should encourage home office whenever possible. This is not mandatory but a recommendation from the government, again it does not want to damage the economy but wants to protect its citizens.
- Drinks and food are only allowed to be enjoyed whilst seated, people are expected to wear masks whilst circulating in the restaurants, bars or clubs.
- Private parties with more than 15 people are required to wear masks and only drink/eat whilst seated.
Every day counts and if the numbers do not go down in the coming weeks we can expect further harsher measures.
Remember the simple rules of washing hands frequently, wear a mask when social distancing is not possible and leaving your information and/or downloading the contact tracing app so that you may be notified should you have been in contact with anyone testing positive.