Lockdown Update – the New Normal – May 27
Today the government has announced the following: as the daily numbers of cases have fallen from 1000 cases to 10 to 15 the country can look at a further easing of restrictions.
As of today older people can resume life as normal again such as looking after their grandchildren.
Social Distancing Measures must remain in place: wash your hands frequently; keep 2 meters distance; avoid close contact greetings. Masks are recommended when these measures cannot be kept but are not obligatory.
If you can continue to do home office please do so (this is a recommendation not an obligation).
As of June 1
- Spontaneous meetings of 30 people will be allowed.
From June 6:
- Up to 300 people allowed to meet for organised events such as weddings, cinemas, theatre, sport events.
- Zoos, swimming pools, botanical gardens etc.. will be able to reopen
- Secondary education will resume as normal again.
- Restaurant will have no more limits for people per table but will need to give one phone number by table, and the 2 meter distance between tables will remain in place.
- Tourism destinations will be open again, this includes cable cars.
From June 8:
- Family reunification will also be relaxed, all persons with a residence permit will once again have the right to bring their families to Switzerland in accordance with the usual criteria.
From June 15:
- Borders to German, Austria and France will be totally open.
- Italy has opened its borders as of June 3, but Switzerland will not open their borders to Italy for the time being.
- The aim is that by July 6 all the borders within Europe and the EFTA countries should be opened.
- Switzerland will follow the Schengen guidelines with regards to borders with countries beyond the EU/EFTA.
From June 19
- Official ending of the “extraordinary situation”, this means that the government will need, amongst other things, to put any new financial packages to vote in parliament.
From June 24
- More events with up to 1000 people allowed, but events with more than 1000 will not be allowed until end of August minimum.
- Simplification of social distancing plans (which have to be decided by branches).