Coronavirus – Coping Tips with Dr. Brandi.
We sat down with Dr. Brandi Eijsermans to discuss how to deal with the extended period of confinement that we are all facing.
Remember the three pillars to well being:
Sleep – a good night sleep is essential to feeling good
Eat Well – it is so tempting to just turn to comfort junk food in these times. Try and be conscious about eating a healthy balanced diet.
Exercise regularly – whether indoors or outdoors get those feel good hormones kicking in.
Recalibrate: Assess what work for you and your family during this time. Ditch the things that stress you and highlight the things that make you feel good.
Anxiety is felt differently by everyone, recognise and accept that not everyone may feel the same as you. Allow everyone room to express themselves but also be respectful of their limits.
Apps to help with sleep
SOUND SLEEP – Background noise for sleep
Apps for daily mental & physical health
DAY ONE – journaling app.
SWORKIT – One example of many free exercise apps
MOMENT – Helps to pause before tech use (news too)
- Video on Pressure points to fall asleep faster
- Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- FACE COVID EBook
- Self-care Assessment tool
- Care for Caregivers , other website.
- Support for Teachers from Teaching Tolerance
- Free workouts for every ability to do at home (plus has info on nutrition and diets and other health aspects)
- Daily Good (News that Inspires), Collaboration with Greater Good – Guide to Wellbeing